Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 4, 2010

    Dr. Dre's Telescope




    By: David Edscorn

    For the first post -summer post, let us focus on the inane and potentially stupid, just for fun (we'll get to the actually important news soon, I promise). Dr. Dre, who has been working for seven years on his new album Detox (let's call it his Chinese Democracy), has announced that he has other plans in the works. Big, epic plans of celestial proportions. Called The Planets, it’s an instrumental record based on, you guessed it, the solar system. Dre says “I’ve been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I’ve been doing this for about two years now just in my spare time so to speak.” Dre can speak to planets? Weird. Part of me wants to be inside this man’s skull, and part of me wishes this man really was locked in Eminem’s basement. Even crazier, this project, songs based on each planet’s personalities, has been done before! Gustav Holst did an orchestral suite in 1916 called The Planets, based on each planet’s influence on the psyche. Sorry Dre, some guy named Gustav beat you to it, and his concept sounds cooler anyway. However, Dr. Dre does say that he wants to do it in surround sound, cause Saturn would sound best in surround sound. Kinda makes you wonder...

    Via Vibe

    No comments:

    Post a Comment